This job is archived
The family you will be joining
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is a rapidly growing, venture-backed veterinary emergency company with hospital locations across the USA. We are profitable, doubling our size every year and supported by a multi-billion dollar investor. Our mission is helping people and their pets when they need it most. We are changing the face of emergency veterinary medicine with a ‘customer first’ mentality.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide ”treat them like family” customer service
- Restrain all types of animals, sizes and temperaments. Don’t worry, we can teach you!
- Assist veterinarians and technicians with exams, procedures and X-rays
- Daily inventory and restocking
- Provide a clean and comfortable environment for all hospitalized pets and their people
- Maintain cleanliness and disinfect all areas of the hospital including, but not limited to laundry, cleaning of floors, trash removal, cleaning treatment areas and exam rooms, reception area and restrooms
- Provide TLC for our patients
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior veterinary experience is highly preferred, but we love opening doors for the right candidate!
- Must have a fantastic attitude and a true passion for animals….and yes, even the occasional snake!
- The ability to learn veterinary software programs
- Team players - willingness to jump in wherever your help is needed
- Flexibility and availability to work all shifts, days, swings, overnights, and some holidays
Why you should choose us: Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best!
- Industry-leading compensation
- Generous employee pet discount
- Referral rewards - tell your friends why they should come work for VEG too!
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid parental leave - up to 10 weeks of paid leave at 100% of regular salary
- Unlimited Continuing Education opportunities - we want to help you grow in your career!
- Flexible work schedules for a true work-life balance
- Growth potential
- Groceries sent to the hospitals weekly for the staff to enjoy, monthly and quarterly contests, quarterly hospital outings, annual company-wide retreat, etc!
- Lastly, because while our work is serious, we believe that it should also be fun!
See a virtual tour of the South Loop location here!
VEG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. You've found the equal opportunity employer you are looking for. We can't wait to meet you!
Job Application: Click Here