WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Knowledge and ability to recognize medical emergencies and illnesses
- Assessing patients
- Recording vitals and assisting doctors with diagnostics,
- Completing all treatments as instructed by the doctor
- Basic husbandry and nursing care
- Monitoring all changes in patients and giving them all the compassionate care they deserve
- Taking blood
- Placing catheters
- Assisting in and facilitating radiography capture
- Preparing samples for outside reference labs
- Running in-house lab work
- Preparing medications
- Administering medications
- Any other field related tasks
- Be available for any shift, days, swing and overnights
- Be able to follow verbal written and electronic instructions
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience
- Be able to work well in a fast-paced environment with all personality types
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best! We also offer:
- Industry-leading compensation
- Health Insurance
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid parental leave - 10 weeks of paid leave at 100% of regular salary
- Unlimited CE
- Flexible work schedules for a true work-life balance
- Growth potential
- Groceries sent weekly, monthly and quarterly contests, quarterly hospital outings, annual company-wide retreat, etc!
See a virtual tour of the South Loop location here!
VEG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. You've found the equal opportunity employer you are looking for. We can't wait to meet you!